Monday, November 27, 2006

Shriya readies for India's costliest film

 
Rajnikanth isn't speaking much about his next big movie, director Shankar's magnum opus Sivaji, which will be released next year.

NDTV spoke exclusively to Shriya who plays the lead opposite Rajnikanth in her first interview on the film and acting with the superstar.

Shriya has bagged the most coveted role in south Indian films in recent years. The Delhi girl, who is one of the top actresses in Telugu and Tamil films, is playing the lead role opposite Rajnikanth.

"Honestly, I did not even bother to ask what my role in the movie will be. I was just so excited that I was to be part of such a big movie. And when I heard a part of the film I was like Wow!'' said Shriya.

Not that acting with big names is new to Shriya. She has danced around trees with all the top heroes including Chiranjeevi, Venkatesh, Nagarjuna, Balakrishna and Mahesh Babu in Telugu films.

But acting with Rajnikanth, who enjoys demigod status in Tamil cinema, she says, was an altogether different experience.

"We were shooting a dance sequence for a song. And I was very nervous, because I knew he dances very stylishly. But he made me feel so comfortable. He said I am very, very good," she said.

Shriya shares space with the who's who of the Tamil film industry in Shivaji. A R Rahman composes the film's music and the movie, which will release in April next year, is billed as one of the costliest films ever made in India.
 


Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

No comments:

Blog Archive