Tuesday, February 20, 2007

"I am excited about my voice talking to Superstar"

We had earlier reported that Kadhal Sandhya would dub for Shreya in Sivaji. She is excited to share the silver screen with Superstar even if it is only through her voice. When Behindwoods correspondent approached the actress about the experience, "Rajini sir has a great voice.
Sandhya
There is a sense of authority in his voice. I am thrilled at the prospect of doing some dubbing work with him. I am sure this will be a learning curve for me", came the instant reply. Kadhal Sandhya is now setting her eyes on the awards and has decided to lend her own voice for all her movies irrespective of the language. Her recent release in Telugu saw Sandhya dub for herself. Though she is not fluent in Telugu she put in her extra effort to perfect it. She received special praise from the director Bhimaneni Srinivasa Rao for her work in "Annavaram" which is the remake of Vijay starrer Thirupachi directed by Perarasu. Pawan Kalyan was the lead and Sandhya played the role of his sister. Can current heroines in Tamil take a cue from Sandhya? Recently there was a row in Kerala when Padma Priya's comments on dubbing artists were misinterpreted and later she had to clarify her comments and render her public apology to the dubbing artists association. "I never said anything bad about dubbing artists. I know they are doing a good job and my comments were never meant to hurt them" she added. "I want to dub for myself and then only can I become a complete actress" said Padma Priya.

So the young crop of actresses does know the importance of dubbing for oneself.
Source : www.behindwoods.com


Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know. Ask your question on Yahoo! Answers.

No comments: