Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The U.S. Consul General David Hopper exprience on Sivaji

The U.S. Consul General David Hopper went to watch the first-day first show of "Sivaji". Here's what he thought of the experience

My Indian colleagues at the Consulate told me that the premiere of a Rajnikanth film is a unique experience, and with the kind cooperation and hospitality of Sathyam Cinemas, they arranged for me to attend one of the opening day screenings of " Sivaji".
It proved to be unique indeed. The energy and excitement of the action on the screen was equalled by the energy and passion of the audience, who obviously were all true fans and devotees of Rajnikanth.

Neither in America nor in any of the many other countries where I have lived, have I had such a cinema experience. The excitement in the packed auditorium was palpable and the noise, deafening, but they added to the experience rather than detracting from it. I enjoyed myself thoroughly, and I felt privileged to have a very special Chennai experience


Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast
with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

No comments:

Blog Archive