Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Shreya�s father shares his experience of acting with Superstar in Sivaji!!

The Sivaji team is in the thick of action. Shankar and his crew are working at a hectic pace to complete the film. Details about the film are being kept closely under wraps and the media does not know much about the film or the on site happenings. We caught up with a very popular personality associated with the film. Meet Raja – popular speaker on Tamil pattimandrams.

Raja works for a bank and lives in Madurai. His forte is sarcasm and his arguments soaked with humor bring the house down at every pattimandram.
Shreya
Shreya
 
A constant fixture on all such events hosted on special occasions like Deepavali and Tamil New Year, he relies more on practical and experiential anecdotes rather than literary elements.

Now viewers would have the chance to see him on the big screen. He plays Shreya’s father in Sivaji.
 
Rajinikanth
Rajinikanth
How was he feeling making a film debut in a Superstar film? In his trademark rustic style he says, “People came from Shankar’s office and lifted me (gundukatta thookittu ponanga). I did not know what was going on. They asked me to speak a few lines and took some stills. After a few days, I got a call that I would be working in Sivaji playing Shreya’s father.”

About Rajini he says, “Perfect gentlemanunga. He told me that he had watched my pattimandrams and enjoyed them.
He was very generous in his praise. He is a thorough professional and makes you feel at ease”.

Any interesting episode? “Oh well, we were waiting for a shot once. The cameraman called out to me mela parunga. I did not know that in cine lingo this means “look into the camera”. I blissfully looked up into the sky and the entire unit, including Rajini sir, burst out laughing. Till date, I have made so many people laugh through my speech. That day, I made superstar laugh with my antics.”
Shreya
Source : http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-03/31-07-06-sivaji.html


Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

No comments: